As part of our final project, we were to take a map from earlier in the semester and redo it using the skills we learned throughout the semester.
There are so many differences and improvements here between this map and the original map I made. First I labeled the contours and used masks to make them show up. Next the colors are much more vibrant and do a good job of not hiding the most important part of the map which is of course the trails and rivers. I maintained the same color scheme throughout the map, even in the shadows and north arrow, legend, etc. Nothing on this map falls off of the border, which looked unprofessional the first time around. And I used the DRG properly in this map, which is lightly seen in the background.